NSS7 coverage on KU Band for East coast of USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSS7 coverage on KU Band for East coast of USA

I currently have the FTA channels from Galaxy19 @ 97 W and I have a lot of channel's and I primarly watch " canal Algerie" and "2m" and other arabic TV and I was wondering if I could get reception from NSS7 in KU Band @ 22 West as it has more Algerian"s Channels that I wanted to be able to see such as Thalitha TV and ENTV
    Is that possible?? From what I heard 22W is way below the horizon to get a signal but when I look at the satelitte footprints it does appear that it can be received from the US.

Any Info will be greatly Appreciated

Re: NSS7 coverage on KU Band for East coast of USA

you may be able to receive it from the east coast as long as you have a good line of site.
    Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Where are you located, and what equipment do you have?

If it is a K-u dish, then to aim to Sat 22 from the east coast, your dish will look like it is aiming to the ground.
      Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

I'm on the East cost in Massachusetts

Comment

Go to this website: Dishpointer.com
          It will tell you how to aim your dish to Sat 22.
          Then go to Lyngsat - NSS 7 at 22.0W - LyngSat
          The numbers on the left indicate type of dish needed. A four digit number like 4032 is a C-Band frequency which requires a large dish... 6 to 12 feet in diameter.
          If the number is a 5 digit number like 11232, then it is a Ku Band frequency and a small dish is used, 31" to 48". Some big dishes can pick this up.
          Look at the right of the chart in the 'Beam' column. This tells you the footprint of the Satellite on the earth. I looked for your Thalitha TV which is on a Ku Band and in the European/Middle East Beam. I checked the map by clicking the link and it appears this beam only covers the Middle East and Europe. I am sorry, but you cannot get that channel in Mass. Based on the Lyngsat site, there are only wild feeds via Ku band to the US and a whole bunch of C-Band channels.

I hope this helps.
          Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Originally posted by DZ-Power View Post
            I'm on the East cost in Massachusetts
            from Mass you should not have any problem hitting that bird, as long as you have a good line of site to it. from that part of the USA you're elevation should be around 25 to 30 degrees.

here in Fla, I look at NSS-7, and their is only a few TPs on Ku, Rutters news has not been their the last few weeks. now on C-band that is a different story several TPs are their with about 12 of them are S2, my last scan neted around 50-channels, wile on Ku you only get 1 or 2 channels.
            10-FT ChannelView solid, 10-FT Channel Master mess on Ajax 180 mount, 10-FT Channel Master mess on CM H2H mount, 12-FT Paraclispe w/circular c-band, 1.8m on HTS H2H mount, Eagle 90cm w/Pansat-900 motor. 2 many receivers an fixed ku dishes to list.

Comment

Working...
            X