Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Transponder Not Coming In Clearly - Please Help

Hi everyone,

I have a 36" Fortec dish and Openbox receiver. It is pointed at Galaxy 19. Most of the transponders are at about 90% signal strength and 72% quality except for one, 11867. That one is at about 80% strength and fluctuates between 55% - 73% quality. It fluctuates more often than the other transponders and keeps fading entirely very often to the point where the signal becomes completely lost (45% strength, 10% quality). All the other transponders stay strong.

The installer has had to come twice to re-gain 11867 (the most important transponder for us based on what we watch). The first time he replaced my Primestar dish and LNB with the 36' Foretec and a new LNBF. That didn't help. So he went back up and he said he replaced one of the wires with his temporarily then put my wire back and that got it to 72% quality.

Well, Sandy blew by and we lost 11867 again. All the other transponders were fine. Installer returned, replaced the R6 cable - didn't help. Then he went up and moved it around a bit and said he replaced the LNBF again. Well - that brought 11867 back to 55%-72% quality and that's where it remains now.

I suspect it will fade again but I don't want to have to call the installer again. This is getting expensive. I suspect there is something specific that perhaps he is missing. The dish is now on the second story roof and a bit too high for me to go up and fiddle with although I am probably at the point of doing that if it fades again.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what the issue could be. What is odd is that it is just that specific transponder.

Thanks in advance.

Re: One Transponder Not Coming In Clearly - Please Help

Sorry Men, but If the installer has changed cables and next LNB to get more quality on one specific Tp's. I think that you do not have a good installer.
    I think that maybe you antenna need litle bite more adjust or align. Recommend to you to read some information about ton install you antenna maybe you can do it rather to spend money in not good installers

Comment

I agree sounds like your dish isn't stable and is moving around a little.
      Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

what about moving dish to ground?

Comment

That will work fine as long as you have a clear view to the satellite you are trying to receive.
          Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Working...
          X