Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting motor/receiver to turn to 15W using USALS

Sadoun and Staff:

I posted a message on the forum a few days ago about getting a motor/receiver combination that can turn to 15W using USALS.

Here is my story: I have tried 3 different motors with 4 different receivers over the past 3 years and none of the combinations would turn the motor to 15W using USALS. Most gave a "Out of Range" message, while one gave "Moving Dish" message but in reality the dish was not moving.

Of the 3 motors used, one was a Sadoun Motor, the other a STAB, and the other a SG2100. The receivers used were a Viewsat, a Fortec, Openbox, and Manhattan 1933. None of the combos would turn the dish to 15W using USALS. I am out of ideas, perhaps the software or hardware is the limiting factor.

I would invite any input as you are a great source of FTA info. Thanks.

Sponge
    Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Re: Getting motor/receiver to turn to 15W using USALS

I have not heard of any motor that will move that far using usals. I think it is a software problem.
    Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

My motor acts like it's going there, but in reality if I look out the window, it goes to "zero".

Sent to 30 degrees (ok), 15 degrees (not ok).. :) Bill
      Location: Far Western Maryland [39.4N-79.4W] Fortec Star 90cm (35.5 in) Dish, Fortec Star Mercury II FTA Receiver, STAB HH 90 Motor, chick.com

Comment

Originally posted by Powrline View Post
        My motor acts like it's going there, but in reality if I look out the window, it goes to "zero".

Sent to 30 degrees (ok), 15 degrees (not ok).. :) Bill
        POWRLINE,

Yes, sometimes when you try to turn a motor using USALS to 15W it will do strange things.

Sponge
        Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Working...
        X