Announcement

Collapse

Coupon

Posted 3/2/2019: 1st time shopper coupon $3 OFF any order. Coupon Code: NORD3
Shop Now (https://www.sadoun.com)
See more
See less

remote control problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • remote control problem

    I have just replaced my diseqc 1.2 HH with another motor. The new motor works manually but will not respond to my Mercury II receiver. The new motor is a diseqc 1.2 and the only difference are the manual east/west buttons on the new one are separate whereas the old motor had only one button that you had to double click to change directions. Did I get a bad motor or the wrong one?

  • #2
    Re: remote control problem

    Are you using USALS or DISEQC to move your dish. Does your motor support both.........check antenna setup. Do the east/west buttons work............
    Last edited by Jim-S; 07-13-2011, 05:42 AM. Reason: add e/w
    Web store: Sadoun Sales International

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: remote control problem

      Originally posted by ahenry View Post
      I have just replaced my diseqc 1.2 HH with another motor. The new motor works manually but will not respond to my Mercury II receiver. The new motor is a diseqc 1.2 and the only difference are the manual east/west buttons on the new one are separate whereas the old motor had only one button that you had to double click to change directions. Did I get a bad motor or the wrong one?
      I am using DISEQC and am able to move the motor using the buttons on the motor but it does not move using the remote.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: remote control problem

        Ahenry,

        Sometimes you have to reset the motor, check you manual and do a reset. That might work.

        Sponge
        Web store: Sadoun Sales International

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: remote control problem

          Originally posted by spongella View Post
          Ahenry,

          Sometimes you have to reset the motor, check you manual and do a reset. That might work.

          Sponge
          I have tried that several times. Thanx.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: remote control problem

            Try USALS see if that will work......
            Web store: Sadoun Sales International

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: remote control problem

              Originally posted by Jim-S View Post
              Try USALS see if that will work......
              I believe I have tried that but I will try again.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: remote control problem

                Originally posted by Jim-S View Post
                Try USALS see if that will work......
                I have tried that. I am arriving to the conclusion that maybe I must purchase a new receiver. Any suggestions that will match-up with my new DISEQC 1.2 motor.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: remote control problem

                  The Mercury II is a very good receiver just no HD or mpeg4......What is the brand name of the new motor. Check your setup and make sure your limits are disabled.
                  Web store: Sadoun Sales International

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: remote control problem

                    Originally posted by Jim-S View Post
                    The Mercury II is a very good receiver just no HD or mpeg4......What is the brand name of the new motor. Check your setup and make sure your limits are disabled.
                    The brand name of the new motor is Digipower Diseqc h-h motor sg2100 purchased from DMS international. The motor it replaces is Digipower Diseqc h-h sg2100 purchased from Sadoun. The motors look exactly the same except the new motor has one manual button to move east and the other button to move west. The old motor had only one button on the motor and you would double click it to change directions. I live in Florida where we receive a lot of lighting and am wondering if the receiver got hit by lighting although you would think there would be more problems than just the motor control. I am running out of options and am considering purchasing a new receiver and am open to suggestions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: remote control problem

                      If you are looking for a new receiver ck out the Openbox s9 will do HD. and the price isn't bad either.I think it is called the Sathawk 800 pvr on Sadouns site.
                      Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: remote control problem

                        Originally posted by rainman View Post
                        If you are looking for a new receiver ck out the Openbox s9 will do HD. and the price isn't bad either.I think it is called the Sathawk 800 pvr on Sadouns site.
                        Thanx. I'll check it out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: remote control problem

                          The openbox is a great receiver but I feel the problem lies with the motor that was the only thing changed it may need a reset some motors have more than one way to reset it. We know he is getting voltage to the motor the east/west button work.
                          With the Openbox we do get more channels.............than with the great box Mercury II
                          Web store: Sadoun Sales International

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: remote control problem

                            ahenry,

                            Does the new motor still not move when connected to the receiver?

                            I would run a short length of RG/6 coax to the motor inside the house, connected to the receiver before doing anything else. See if it works before putting it on the pole and attaching the dish.

                            These motors have circuit boards inside them, they are not as simple as they appear. And with circuit boards things can go wrong.

                            Sponge
                            Web store: Sadoun Sales International

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: remote control problem

                              Originally posted by spongella View Post
                              ahenry,

                              Does the new motor still not move when connected to the receiver?

                              I would run a short length of RG/6 coax to the motor inside the house, connected to the receiver before doing anything else. See if it works before putting it on the pole and attaching the dish.

                              These motors have circuit boards inside them, they are not as simple as they appear. And with circuit boards things can go wrong.

                              Sponge
                              I have purchased a new Openbox S9 receiver and now my new SG 2100 motor is moving with no problem. I have tried for days to get a signal response but the receiver shows no activity, it does not move. I remember with my old Mercury II when I would search for a sat signal it would fluctuate but this new one shows no activity at all. I have repositioned the dish about 50 times and have no response on the receiver. I am at the point that maybe I should get professional help or an expensive signal meter.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X