MMO's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMO's

I am moving in about 2 months, and I am seriously condisering getting WildBlue, of course because I am moving to a very rural area. I have one MMO or online game that I play and won't give up so easily. It is not the most high end game. Does anyone think I could still play it with WildBlue?
    Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this. I know one thing its not so much the download speed as it is the upload speed for MMO's. Would I be looking at high ping and packet loss? What kind of bandwidth can you get with Sat internet?

- Will

Originally posted by UGLandrum View Post
    I am moving in about 2 months, and I am seriously condisering getting WildBlue, of course because I am moving to a very rural area. I have one MMO or online game that I play and won't give up so easily. It is not the most high end game. Does anyone think I could still play it with WildBlue?
    Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this. I know one thing its not so much the download speed as it is the upload speed for MMO's. Would I be looking at high ping and packet loss? What kind of bandwidth can you get with Sat internet?

- Will
    I don't have WildBlue, but what I heard is that the download speed is getting slow. As a result, alot of people are complaining. When it first started, many people enjoyed it, but as the number of subscribers increase, so did the delay. The are planning to expand to another satellite to alleviate the slow down, but I don't know the status of that situation.

The best thing is to find someone in that particular area and test it for yourself.
    Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Originally posted by William Eng View Post
      The best thing is to find someone in that particular area and test it for yourself.
      And don't let yourself be fooled by a business that is promoting the installation. One of the Satellite Internet installers around here would invite people to come test the speed for themselves - and he would "conveniently" schedule demos for the times which have the least usage so that the demos would seem positive.
      I like to shop at Sadoun Satellite Sales

Dishes: 2 Primestar 75E, 2 Fortec 90cm, 2 10ft, 7.5ft
      Motors: 2 SG2100, SkyJack 24" & 36" actuators
      Movers: 2 VBoxII
      LNB(f)s: Invacom qph-031, Primestar, dual/single ku, BSC621,Geosat dual C-Band, 2 Polarotor, Corotor
      DVB Receivers/cards: 2 Fortec Classic NA, 2 Dreambox 500-s, SatPros DSR-550s, Digiwave DG7000, Lava 3200, Pansat 2500a, Viewsat Ultra, Twinhan 102g
      Analog: Zenith 1000, GI 2400

Comment

Working...
      X