X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C Band Polar Mount Installation Part 2

Shahrul
    the numbers on the lnb is the f/d number. Do you know what model dish it is? It may tell you what the f/d setting is. I will look into the data you provide and assist the best I can. I will get back to you.
    Don
    Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Shahrul
      Hi What type of dish and lnb do you have? stationary or motorized ?
      Don

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky View Post
        Shahrul
        Hi What type of dish and lnb do you have? stationary or motorized ?
        Don
        Hi Don..

Sorry for late reply...regarding the dish I have..I've stationary dish..previously I've purchased China Decoder plus with dish..the dish is about 56 inch the diameter and 9 inch depth..the LNB brand is Smartsat..I think old one..but not sure wether can be use or not as my previous dish already damage..I purchase 2nd hand dish and I put the LNB on it...lately I've try to open the LNB box to see what inside the LNB..I afraid maybe it was struck by lightning that why the signal lost..Pls advise how to do next..Thank you in advance for your guidance

Shahrul

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky View Post
          Notice where the angle finder is located. Here is where the elevation setting is measured Adjust it to your longitude. Mine is 42 degrees here in Chicago (really 41.8 but I rounded up)
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1395[/ATTACH]

Here is a close up view of the elevations reading.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1394[/ATTACH]

Here is where the declination angle is located on my dish. adjust for (elevation angle + declination angle)
          Here in Chicago 42 elevation + 6.38 declination = 48.38 degrees
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1396[/ATTACH]

Close up view of elevation + declination settings
          Here in Chicago = 49 degrees.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1397[/ATTACH]

Notice I have dish mount at it's highest point or Zenith. This is where you start to search for your true south satellite.
          Move dish/mount left and right. very small movements here. You must be using a active transponder to find quality on your receiver. My true south satellite here in Chicago is 87.0W SES2 or AMC3 the home of NASA Tv.
          With the dish in this position set the skew of the LNB to 0. As the dish move the skew will be correct.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1398[/ATTACH]

Any questions feel free to ask here or in the forum. We would be happy to help you.
          I wish I had the same dish Sadoun sells to show how to set that dish up.If you
          do please share your installation photos with us here.
          Don
          This is an excellent tutorial you put out here, Don!

Comment

babadem Hope it helps you pictures are worth thousands of words. I use that dish every day Don

Comment

Very nice job Don keep up the good work.:)
              Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

So after I align the dish to true south, set elevation and set declination, I then use the actuator to move the dish to the satellite closest to that start point, or do I rotate the entire dish/mount on the pole by hand?

Moving it by hand would require loosening the mounting bolts and I would lose level on the mount.

The satellite in my location that is closest to true south is 89W.

Comment

Working...
                X