no siq on c or ku

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no siq on c or ku

i got a geosat pro ck1 c/ku lnbf and a conical scalar ring kit with new 65 mm lnbf to replace the qph031 lnbf on a 1.2 m dish. got very good siq with the qph031 but cant get any Q with the new setup on linear or c-band. its on a 1.2 m dish motorized, baffle plate not installed, skew is at 0 , disq is working good linear on #1 port and c-band on # 2 port but no Q at all is there something i am doing wrong. and yes i have between 80 and 100% signal.

I can only suggest - I had better luck putting Cband on port 1 and Ku on port 2. (this is with a BSC621...)

It's easy enough to try.
    Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

ok i did try that and it made no difference, but i did notice that the lnb arm has a slight bend in it as do others which makes the new lnbf point highter on the dish and not to the centre. also noticed that other dishs of the same name and size have a different arm without the slight bend, its maybe have to make a new bracket arm i would think??

Comment

can you take a picture and post it here so we can all see it?

Comment

ok i posted pics of the 1.2m dish with old QPH031
          Attached Files
          Last edited by LINC1; 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

and this is with the new lnbf Geosat pro
            Attached Files

Comment

is that a Fortec 1.2m dish?

If so - I do think your arm is bent.
              My Fortec 1.2 does NOT have that bend in it...

Comment

no it is a fortec star 1.2 m I checked where i bought it and they all have that bend in it

Comment

thats what I meant - fortec star dish.

I don't know what to tell you.
                  Internet searches show Fortec Star 120cm dishes with NO bend in that arm...

From Fortec home website:

http://www.fortecstar.com/estore/sto...4&CategoryID=8

Last edited by pmb1010; 08-24-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

ok if thats what it is, then a person should be able to make a new lnb arm (striaght one) for the new lnb if the dish is is of the same size correct, or am i wrong in thinking that. And if that is correct then i just need to get the dimen for the straight arm just a thought. what do you think.

Comment

Look at the alignment of both LNBs when installed and try to figure out where the working Ku is aligned to on your dish. I suspect your C-band LNB should point to the same location. It looks like you have two different mounts for the LNBs that may have different angles, is that correct? Then, you may have to adjust the lnb for focal distance by pushing the thing closer or further away from the dish.
                      Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

yes that is correct the angles are different. so i went and purhased a new dish with a straight arm (1.2m)dish and the two lnbs do now go to the same point on the dish. The QPH031 gets a good S and Q but with the ku/c i dont get any thing regardless of where i move it weather it be in or out or putting it to 0 because it is motorized so i am at a lose on this on. Is it possible that its a bad lnb ???

P.S. I have been installing dishes for about 3 years this is the only one that doesnt work as it should Or is it just me which is possible.

Comment

I would not worry about the C Band at this point. Concentrate on getting Ku. 120 is awful small for C Band. I know some are using them but it is still small. You state skew is at 0. This is with the dish at center of the arc correct? What are your settings for the lnbf in the receiver? Is it a standard or universal? Once you get Ku if there is C Band available you should have it providing your settings are correct. If your new lnbf is a universal and you are still using the standard settings from the old lnbf that could be the culprit.

When I was aligning one of mine I put a flashlight in the lnbf holder which showed me where it was pointed on the dish.

Comment

ok i did use a laser light to see where thr QHP031 was pointing at on the dish and the c/ku lnbf is also pointed in the same place but no ku at all but the c-Band does work. i have 90 to 100% Q on the old lnbf but nothing on the c/ku lnbf so what is the problem i think its the linear on the new lnbf what do you think? i have tryed the univ and the standard settings etc,etc but not a thing for Q and the S seems to never change when on linear
                            Last edited by LINC1; 09-04-2009, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X