big SAMI satellite dont know where to start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big SAMI satellite dont know where to start

I am very knew to the FTA game. I just got a smaller dish setup and it is up and running. The house I just moved into has a SAMI C and Ku band dish on the other side of it. The people who lived here before just cut all the wires and took all thier equipment. So I dont know what any of the wires are for. It has 2 coax cables. It also has two more cables. One has three wires inside and they are black, red, and a white. The other has a brown, orange, green, red, and a white. The satellite is too high for me to trace the wires. Can any tell me what this wires are or have a wiring diagram. I also need to know what kind of equipment I need to to get the thing up and running.
    Last edited by damiengsx2; 06-21-2009, 11:07 AM.

- the 2 coax's are for the separate lnb's - one is C and one is Ku.

- the other sets of wires are for the Vertical / Horizontal polarizer (Polar rotator) that selects V and H polarization.

and the other is for the actuator arm that moves the dish around.

Search on Motorola 4dtv DSR 920 and DSR 922 - those are the big dish receievers typically used with that system.
    They are subscription units, although some free stuff is up there for anything "good" you;ll need to subscribe.

You can switch that LNB setup to a dual band LNBF unit and hook up FTA receiver for whatevers out there for C and Ku band FTA.
    Switching LNB makes it a bit easier because most all FTA boxes wont switch that polarrotator H / V.

I guess that's a start. Do a little reading on that receiver (and look for wiring diagam on the back of it) and you'll see what the wires are for.

Although most of us here are FTA Ku folks, there is a following of C band guys that know this stuff sorta well. Come back with more questions and we'll see what we can do.
    HOws that?
    Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

you can get a analog receiver to control the motor and co rotor then just slave your FTA receiver off of that a lot of good channels on c band fta.
      Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Originally posted by damiengsx2 View Post
        I am very knew to the FTA game. I just got a smaller dish setup and it is up and running. The house I just moved into has a SAMI C and Ku band dish on the other side of it. The people who lived here before just cut all the wires and took all thier equipment. So I dont know what any of the wires are for. It has 2 coax cables. It also has two more cables. One has three wires inside and they are black, red, and a white. The other has a brown, orange, green, red, and a white. The satellite is too high for me to trace the wires. Can any tell me what this wires are or have a wiring diagram. I also need to know what kind of equipment I need to to get the thing up and running.
        the 3 wires are for flipping between horizontal and vertical polarity

the other cable is for your motor that moves the dish

there should be two larger wires in that cable, those two are M1 and M2 they move your dish, the smaller wires are for the sensor in the motor that senses where the dish is at

when you get an analog receiver here is how to hook it up

NOTE: the polarizer wires have to be hooked up right for it to work
        hook up m1 and m2, when you hit west, if the dish goes east reverse the wires
        it does not matter how the other 3 (the sensor) wires hook up unless you have a odd ball motor with a optical sensor
        a picture of your motor would be a big help

Comment

damiengsx2

Welcome to the forums
          __________________________________________________ ______________
          Remember to follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook to get the latest industry tips and updates on our products, as well as for support or customer service inquiries!
          __________________________________________________ ______________

Comment

Working...
          X