Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of dish do I have?

Hello,

I recently moved into a home with two dishes already installed on the roof. One dish has the DirecTV logo on it, but the other one is unmarked. It is larger than the DirecTV dish and looks like it has 2 LNBs with one coax cable coming into the home. I'm wondering if it is for FTA. How can I find out? Is there some way to test what signal it receives without buying a receiver?

I wanted to post a picture, but don't seem to have the access.

Thanks in advance.

Bradu

Re: What kind of dish do I have?

Originally posted by bradu View Post
    Hello,

I recently moved into a home with two dishes already installed on the roof. One dish has the DirecTV logo on it, but the other one is unmarked. It is larger than the DirecTV dish and looks like it has 2 LNBs with one coax cable coming into the home. I'm wondering if it is for FTA. How can I find out? Is there some way to test what signal it receives without buying a receiver?

I wanted to post a picture, but don't seem to have the access.

Thanks in advance.

Bradu
    I would say the 2nd dish is also a Directv or Dish Network since it has two LNB's. You can also measure the dish. Google the Directv and Dish Network LNB's images and see if yours are like those.

Depending on your location, I was able to use a large Directv World Direct dish for FTA, but it was one of the largest they have. You would need to buy a Linear type LNB and find out the optimum mounting to get the maximum signal.

Good luck.
    Viewsat Ultra VS2000 Receiver, Fortec 90cm dish, Fortec Universal Ku LNB, Stab HH90 motor, 75ft coax.

Comment

Working...
    X