• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your Summer going?

So how is your summer going?
    Web store: Sadoun Sales International

Re: How is your Summer going?

It's been hot, this week is a little cooler. But all in all it's been good all the satellite equipment has been working great so that's a plus.

Comment

We had a heat wave here in OHIO for several days. Now it cooled down to 77-80. Rains 2-3 days a week.
      __________________________________________________ ______________
      Remember to follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook to get the latest industry tips and updates on our products, as well as for support or customer service inquiries!
      __________________________________________________ ______________

Comment

Hi everyone. The room is quite, where is everyone? :-)
        Check our Online Catalog at
        WWW.SADOUN.COM

Comment

My thoughts as well......maybe we have the hot summer blues so much to do outside.....I have been busy helping our daughter and her family move into another home lots of work on the house and yard. When I get home I'm tired. Like I said above my FTA stuff keeps humming right along. Maybe when colder weather comes more of us will be indoors more. Yuk.

Comment

Sorry I have been on much lately been very busy at work a lot of new training going on so have been very busy haven't even had time to work on my hobby and that stinks.starting to slow down a little so should be able to get back in the flow of things soon.
            Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Nice to see that you are still around the forum has been very quiet.........
              Originally posted by rainman View Post
              Sorry I have been on much lately been very busy at work a lot of new training going on so have been very busy haven't even had time to work on my hobby and that stinks.starting to slow down a little so should be able to get back in the flow of things soon.

Comment

Summer is quite time for a lot of people. Outdoor activities cuts down on watching TV.

Comment

Well we had several bad summer storms with high winds, one which bent my dish back onto it's mount. But since the dish was thin enough I just pressed it back into original shape (more or less). That taught me a lesson: with this recent hurricane I removed the dishes until the storm was over. I realized that there's a heck of a lot of wind loading on the dishes. Other than that, rain fade happened a lot with the heavy rains, but then I switched to the OTA antenna in the interim.

Which brings up a question for those seasoned FTA'ers out there. When high winds are approaching, what is the best position to aim the dish at to minimize damage? I figured just move it to reference (0) position, this way it's balanced from winds in any direction. Then again someone may have a better idea.

Sponge

Comment

That would be good for east or west winds............

Comment

When there is a lot of wind (Hurricane Cat 1+ wind), it is best to take the dishes off the poles. Otherwise expect warpage at a minimum, or total damage.

I wonder how the East coast dishes fared with Hurricane Irene winds?

Comment

Working...
                      X