VIdeoCipher II model VC2100E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIdeoCipher II model VC2100E

Hi, I would like to know if the above descrambler can be used with an FTA receiver. I found it on a second hand store and it also came with a black module that can be pulled in and out from the back of this receiver.

thanks!!:)

videocipher module are used for decoding analog c band won't work on FTA digital.:)
    Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

Originally posted by champi78 View Post
      Hi, I would like to know if the above descrambler can be used with an FTA receiver. I found it on a second hand store and it also came with a black module that can be pulled in and out from the back of this receiver.

thanks!!:)
      In addition to what Rainman said, are you sure that the 2100e is a "receiver" like you said? I can't remember my model numbers, but it seems like I remember that model number being a stand alone "CAGE". Ie when videocipher first came out, they were sold with the modules in a stand alone box called a cage, that would connect to a receiver via either it's baseband output or via it's 70 MHz loop. In addition, you had to run the audio/video lines from the receiver into the cage. Later, the receivers were sold with a slot to accept the module, so the cages weren't necessary.

Anyway, I may be wrong, and you may have a receiver and a module, but I'm thinking that the 2100 is a cage. If I remember right, the "black" VCII modules are the original VCII units, not the VCII+ or VCRS, and it cannot be subscibed. You can tell from the serial number. I think the obsolete VCII units had an A010 at the start of the serial number, or perhaps A018. But if it doesn't say VCII+ or VCRS, then it's obsolete, and only useful for fixed process stuff. Plus, if the 2100 is a cage, you can only use it if you have a receiver with a baseband out or 70MHz loop.

If however, the 2100 is actually a receiver, then you can possibly slave it off the FTA receiver.

So what is the "brand" of the 2100e? Macom? Channel Master? General Instrument?
      Shop with confidence at: Sadoun Sales International

Comment

It is a Videocipher II module, not plus and it is not a receiver either, I made a mistake when I said that. and it has seria number P10631772.
        According to what you are telling me, I believe it is obsolete because I have a FTA receiver and wont be able to play with it. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X